� Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines!
By adding video to your content efforts on multiple platforms, you’ll bring eyes to the prize – your website! Your website is where the conversions happen, so it’s important to take a step back and look at how video naturally helps increase traffic to your site.
1. We can’t talk about website traffic without singing the praises of video SEO!
Creating video content is great because search engines prefer it. Hosting videos on your website and platforms like YouTube and Vimeo increases the chances that you’ll rank high in Google. But first, make sure to optimize your video by setting it up for success:
- Include relevant titles so that you answer your viewers’ questions. Platforms can then better understand what your video is about, optimizing its place in search. Don’t forget the name of the video itself. Avoid uploading with a name like Video123.mp4; give it a specific title!
- Use the right keywords. For example, on YouTube when you’re describing your video content, list keywords in clusters. For example, use “video marketing tips” instead of separating each word.
- Include transcriptions of your videos so Google can sort your content more accurately and show it to the right people.
You’ll find more information on optimizing your videos for SEO in our Distribution Guidebook.
2. Email marketing magic
When done right, email marketing keeps your brand top of mind, and it’s the perfect chance to offer useful content to your audience and keep them up to date with what your company is doing. Before you can get people clicking on your website, they need to open the newsletter first!
Video newsletters (include ‘video’ or ‘watch this’ in the subject line) boast a 19% increase in open rates, so there’s that. Make sure to make it easy for your readers and include CTAs that link properly to your website. Also, if your thumbnail links to a video, make sure there’s a play button on the image. Even better: include GIFs that link to the full video to allow that video feeling in your email.
3. Posting videos on social is obvious, but….
Here’s the thing: posting a video alone to social isn’t enough.
- Give that video of yours wings by using the caption to link to your site with a strong call to action.
- Choose an engaging thumbnail – If you’re posting on Instagram, check whether the thumbnail fits with the rest of your feed!
- Get around the one link limit on Instagram with a great tool called Linktree; it serves as a landing page for all your relevant links. In your Instagram bio, you can add your linktree URL, which will then lead to all the other links you might want to share. This is what our linktree looks like:
4. Answer people’s questions with video
Have you noticed if you type in How-To that a video pops up at the top of your search? Google is taking note that people don’t want to sift through a bunch of text, they want to learn quick and easy: with video. If your company offers valuable advice, upload your answers and tips in video to your site, hosting platform or social. The chances others will come to your content via search is high, and if you offer super valuable how-to content, they’ll want more on your website. That’s what we call great customer care.
5. Videofy your advertising efforts
The click-through-rate of video ads is 1.84%. Compare that to the CTR of a plain text ad with .20-.50% CTR. As people thumb through their newsfeed, it’s proven that they’re more likely to engage with a video ad. Have an event or product launch? A content campaign to spread far and wide? Whenever possible use video in your ads across all platforms. You’re upping the chances of a higher CTR, and of course, more traffic to your site!
To promote all the ways we use video to solve HR challenges, for example, we created this ad to use in our Facebook and Instagram campaigns, causing both the click-through and engagement rates to double!
6. Host webinars
Hosting online events like webinars is a great way to offer value on your home turf, your website! If you have a strong marketing plan in place and SEO optimized landing pages, you’re in good shape! In addition to driving traffic to your site, webinars are valuable for lead generation and content repurposing later on.
Was this information helpful for you? Talk to our Video Strategists to get
more traffic to your website with video!